cookies and snow

this Christmas has been a whirlwind. I feel like I haven't been "home" in months. I realized yesterday that I hadn't decorated my tree (its pretty much dead) and I hadn't made cookies! COOKIES! Holiday baking is what i love best about this season, and it depresses me slightly that I haven't had any time for my first love.

Walter and I, plus lc, erik, and hannah all trekked up to Boston last weekend for Johnny's Christmas party. It snowed like crazy (HOORAY!) and we had a blast. It was great to have friends get together. We got home last night, and left this morning for Florida. We got here, and its in the 80's all week. from 17 degrees in Philly, to 80 here..i had to pack shorts.

Betsy and Laura made cookies early today, and so I am about to go help decorate them. I love Weegie's family. They are the best. Betsy got me mini baking pans (so cute!) and Laura brought me this AMAZING wood and mother of pearl ring. It's perfect! I feel so exhausted, but I am so glad to be here with his family. Merry Christmas to you!

Comments

Joshua Grace said…
are you doing early Christmas down there or Hanukkah?