Daily Hygiene

I've always been a huge advocate of good personal hygiene. Thanks in part to my mother, who had me washing my face every morning and night since age 8. It's only gotten stronger since becoming an adult. I consider it more important than the things we put in our body. We are a crazed world when it comes to food, and diets, and organic this etc etc. I think it's important to be aware of what your putting on your body too. Here are some of the daily things I use, and love!

I probably am one of the HUGGEST fans of Kielhl's. I try and convert everyone I know into a Keihl's lover. The NYC Apothocary has been around since 1851- and knows what they're doing. Using mostly herbal ingredients, their products get the job done, and better than any other product I've used. I've tried several different things, but have been loving the Yerba Maté Tea line for over the past year. I use the cleanser and toner.



I think everyone should have a daily moisturizer WITH SUNSCREEN in it. I use the Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 15- it's light, not oily, and gives me the protection i need! (i feel like i'm a sales person on an infomercial..hahaha)



I use Eye Alert in the mornings, and the Superbly Restorative Argan Body Cleansing Oil in the shower..





As a curly-haired person, it's important for me to use products that don't have Laurel Sulfates, or Parabens in them. ( I actually went to beauty school, and know a good amount about the chemistry of our hair, and what is used in products! It's very fascinating..) These are both synthetic ingredients; Sulfates create the "suds" when you wash, and Parabens are petroleum based preservatives. These strip your hair of their natural oils, and make your cuticles not lay flat, creating FRIZZ!!!!!! I lovelovelove Jason Natural Tall Grass High Protein Shampoo and Conditioner. It's really inexpensive, and keeps my hair frizz-free!



Ok- i could tell you about 80 other things, but I'll leave you with this..as it starts to get warmer, and I'm riding my bike all around, its never fun to show up somewhere sweaty and smelly..so I always keep these on hand to throw in my bag for those summer rides! Organic, biodegradable, moisturizing, and lovely smelling- these wipes are refreshing, and keep me smelling yummy..

Comments

Joshua Grace said…
i don't even want to tell you what my style is. you would probably turn to stone.