coffee.

I drink way too much of it, and I'm trying to cut back. Generally I feel that if I "need" it in the am to wake up, then my body is not resting enough, and I should be getting more sleep. To aid in the unhealthiness of the addicting, jolting treat I have substituted creamer with soy creamer, and replaced sugar with agave nectar. It’s a natural sweetener that comes from the agave plant. There are many benefits to using this over sugar!

Agave Nectar has a Glycemic index of only 27! Glycemic index is how high our blood sugar rises when we eat certain foods. Rice has a GI of 83, an apple 54, and agave only 27!

Agave Nectar is composed of 90% fructose sugars and 10% glucose sugars respectively. Because fructose is 42% sweeter to the human brain than granulated sugar, less is needed to achieve the same level of sweetness.

So there you have it. My new alternative to sugar. (safe and good for baking too!)
You can grab it at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, or any other health food store!

Comments