Small Houses

Jason sent me this recently, and I kind of fell in love. I didn't blog about it at the time, but they just came out with a new model, and I can totally imagine myself building one of these, and living in it. Tiny Houses!

This one is 297sq feet, 1 lofted bedroom, 1 bath




This one is 743sq feet, 2 bedroom 1.5 bath. So cute!



10 reasons to live small (via AT)

1. Everything is at your fingertips.
2. They're cozier.
3. They clean up faster.
4. They allow you to live with less of everything - simplicity & economy.
5. A small space allows you to experiment more with different design ideas.
6. They get you outside more.
7. They put you more in touch with your neighbors/community.
8. They are cheaper. They put more money back into your life.
9. Small spaces require more imagination (large spaces are for those with no imagination).
10. Small spaces create momentum. They force one to make decisions, at home as well as in life

Comments

Jonny Rashid said…
If you put one of those in the woods, it would be grandmother's house for sure. I wonder if Hansel and Gretel would make it there.
wgkealey said…
I like those reasons to live in a small place. That being said, 297 isn't small. It's somewhere between microscopic and subatomic. real tiny.
Joshua Grace said…
i think i've only seen those houses in the woods before. i heard a show on npr one time