Nov 19, 2009

Day 2

Today I woke up and went to check out a couple more houses with my friend Madie. We also grabbed coffee at Sweetness Bakery and Cafe. When I got home, Ambar, Ali and I went to Ceramicafe to paint some pottery. HA.

i made this spoon rest, so i could finally retire the cherry one :) It hasn't gone into the kiln yet, those colors actually look way better.

these are iphone/crappy pictures, but you drive over this lovely hill to get to beaverton (where i am staying at my friend Ali's) and it's covered in beautifully colored trees. I also found this super cute pastry shop in St. Johns. It's kitschy, and apparently has amazing donuts? And fun old fashioned cakes.

4 comments:

katie said...

welcome to pdx! i've been looking at your blog for a bit now a enjoy your upbeat stride. tulips is soooo good but you really must have some cake from pambiche a cuban place on ne 28th. you'll never be the same

lana bear said...

wow! thanks so much! I love hearing from readers that I don't know. I'm assuming you live here in portland? I will ABSOLUTELY try the cake there. I'm a cake fanatic. Do you have a blog? I would love to read! Thanks for saying hi :)

lady.shiv said...

I love that spoon rest! Good painting, Lana!

katie said...

i don't have a blog and am pretty quiet on line ( not in person). i live in the ne, lombard and mlk. the best thing about portland is the people who live here, love it
see you around
katie