needs

bah. I've definitely been feeling homesick lately. For my friendies, and Philly, and for my family. My sister and step-mom were coming up here on Sunday for Spring break, and I've been looking forward to this for awhile. I found out today that they had to cancel last minute because of some college stuff my senior-in-high-school-rock-star sister has to do, which will be taking them to New York, instead of Portland. Automatic downer. I cried at work, I cried at the bus stop, I cried on the way home, and it didn't stop when I got here. Being in a new place is scary, and sometimes really lonely. I tend to rely on Adam alot for these kinds of things, because he's here, and well, that's what boyfriends are for. But, as life would have it he's a busy bee with work, and can't alllllways come over with milkshakes in hand.

Then I stop and remember there are other people in my life I can rely on..they just aren't as easy or convenient to get a hold of. (that and there is nothing like a hug to make everything better..which is hard to do over the phone?) Thank GOODNESS for my insomniac best friend John. I love that no matter how late it is here, plus the 3 hours, he is always available to talk, and make me laugh.

I'm also so grateful my family is somewhat tech savvy (now) and I can see their shining faces with the click of a button. Video chats make me feel so much better. Thank you thank you thank you thank you for making what a bummer day I had today end on a good note. You mean the absolute world to me. Any Philly friends have video chat? (Lois I know you do, but I'm so rarely up early enough with time to spare to see your beautiful face and chat with the littles..although it's all I want to do)


Comments