ten

Remember the "rate your day" days? They got brought up last night at the 5th Annual Fall Time Fun Friends Feast (my annual fall party!) and it got me thinking about my view on life. I'm a hopelessly optimistic person. No matter what the day, what the event, there is good to be found in everything. I came home from work yesterday, and spent 2 1/2 hours cooking and baking to get ready for this party, then went to bed and got up to go back to work. coming home to a disaster of a kitchen was the cherry on top of a pretty weird/lame day. At this point, you'd probably say it was a "5" day. I knew I had to get it done, so I rolled up my sleeves, turned some music on and got to it. The hour or so it took to get everything washed was exactly what i needed. I needed the time to clear my head, be alone, and process whats been going on in my life lately. Getting it all done was so satisfying, and i knew that my day had become a 10.

I have been so incredibly busy lately, and for the most part I am happy and content, and positive about it. But I have to admit, I am starting to feel pretty exhausted.  I'm doing my new job while still doing my old job, and I don't really have much support so it's starting to wear on me. I planned a mini get away with a couple of close friends this weekend, so we are going to a cabin on a lake for 4 days. I'm really looking forward to resting, cooking, laughing, exploring, and spending time and making memories with people I love. Life isn't worth being tired and negative. You've got to balance it out with rest and happy thoughts. That's the key. You can't always be 100% positive, but you can balance out the bad with the good to find your happy medium.

With all of that being said, I have also been thinking about what my 1 year challenge for 2012 is going to be. This year was a little more free form, of "being happy where I am", so I want to go back to something more concrete next year. One idea is a year of no complaining? Thoughts? 

it's been awhile since I've done any tumblring/wehearting! I miss feeling inspired by images. Here are some that are getting me in the mood for our getaway!

Comments