Nov 13, 2012

MN

Oh boy..Minnesota came and went! It was surprisingly more beautiful then I had imagined. Minneapolis is a cool city, reminded me SO much of Portland..but there was NO SHOPPING! A crime, right? I literally spent the whole week trying to find SOMEWHERE that had SOMETHING I could buy, or even WANTED to buy, and alas, there was none. Oh well.

And then I met Richards family. yep.

PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!

The Walker. Seriously the best museum I have ever been in. 

Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, adjacent to the Walker (Sister, Mom, Dad, Me & Rich!)

The most magical Finnish sauna you ever did see. (wood burning!)

Split Rock Light House

Gooseberry Falls

A panoramic view from our balcony at The Baptism River B&B

And the river itself, Baptism. This was on the property where we stayed. Seriously, beautifully, magical. 

There was also: Lake Superior, Walleye (state fish, yum!) Chino Latino, small town Wisconsin, local Honeycrisp apples (originally from MN!), Iranian Food, Richard receiving his masters (yea!) annnnnnddd SNOW! Yea for vacations!

No comments: