Whole30

For as long as I can remember, eating has always been an issue for me. My body has a hard time digesting. Over time I have figured out that some things bother me more than other (a glass of milk) but in general, I don't feel like my body is working efficiently. I happened across my friend Sarah talking on Facebook about a new food approach she was taking. I was intrigued. I googled it, read about it all night, then asked her out for coffee. It's called Whole30, and the general idea is that for 30 straight days (no slips!) you remove ALL inflammatory foods from your diet (alcohol, sugar, dairy, grains, & legumes) and after the 30 days you reintroduce these foods slowly to see how your body reacts. In the mean time, your body is cleansing itself from a lot of unhealthy food. (their manifestos explain the science behind food, and how your body reacts or breaks it down [or doesnt]! These were really helpful to me) Maybe it sounds crazy, but..it's only 30 days, and I am hoping to understand my body more afterwards. Maybe you're thinking, "well, what are you supposed to eat?!" and the answer: A LOT! It's not a diet, so I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want to. It just can't have anything from the food groups listed above. I CAN have: All sources of protein (meat, fish, eggs) veggies and fruit! This has proved to be a really fun challenge! Last night I made rice out of cauliflower (minus the honey), and curried chicken with pumpkin/coconut milk sauce with some onions and squash. YUM! I've never made curry before either! I'm only on day 3, but I feel good, and I am excited for each day to come!

coconut milk, pumpkin puree, cashews, cinnamon, curry, cumin, red pepper & coconut! 

Curry sauce with chicken, squash and onion

"rice" made with cauliflower! it was so good! 

Comments