2010: the year of no men.


If you read my blog, or have read it, you may be aware of my 1 year challenges. See here, and here. A few weeks ago I made mention of giving up coffee or something of the sort. While riding on the bus to work one morning, after a heart to heart with my new roomate (who i am in love with) I totally knew what I had to give up. Men. Sounds crazy, but its not. I like men. I like being in relationships, and therefore, I jump into things without good reason most of the time. I don't want to be in another relationship that doesn't work out. So I'm taking a year off. I want to focus on me, my family, and my new life out here in Portland. I want to spend time with God, becoming the woman he created me to be. I deserve to be honored, and treasured. But who is going to treasure me, if I don't even treasure myself?? One year, for me, no men(this includes boys). Excited? I am!

Comments

Jonny Rashid said…
Good luck. I miss you.
Bangs said…
Conversely, Holly is encouraging me to join in "Two Thousand and Men", and our long-distance book club will soon be reading "The Year of Yes", about dating everyone possible.
KiKi said…
Amen. Let's do this thing!